HURRAH! HUZZAZLE! WOOPEEEEE! It’s over! Finished. Done. Over.
I wanted to finish on a high, do a 10k or smack out some hardcore interval training, but being a Monday that was never going to happen. Yesterday’s glorious long meadow run will have to serve as the glamorous finish, and today’s pre-work 2.7km will have to be the post pudding coffee; the after-eight of the running banquet.
To mix it up we decided to do the route…backwards. How daring! No, not actually running backwards, just doing the route from finish to start for a change..
This meant starting on a long uphill which I really couldn’t be bothered for, but finishing on a nice and perky downhill (and a sprint for good measure). The first song to come on my running playlist was Ultra Nate – Free. An excellent inspirational song and apt. Even though Janathon was something I chose to do and was never actually “imprisoned” by, it’s a great feeling knowing a)that I managed it and b)that it is over.
So, children, what have I learnt this month?
- That I have more self-discipline than I had previously thought – to convert those spare 20 minutes in my morning routine from a lie-in into a 3.5km.
- That the lyrics of club anthems are hilariously inane (cf “I’m in love, I’m in love, I’m in love….I wanna do it”.)
- That running in the morning doesn’t actually affect a working day that much.
- That I really enjoy running, especially longer runs, and that I want to do a 10k and maybe even more.
- That I have no interest in maintaining a personal blog, but that logging runs with an online community is a big motivator.
- That running does convert fat into muscle (last time I checked I’d lost 4cm off my stomach) but isn’t amazing for “weight loss” (6lbs.. though I may have to update this as haven’t weighed/measured this week yet)
Finally I would like to thank all my blog visitors (I had my 1000th unique visitor today!), my fellow Janathoners for their inspiration and brilliant blogs (you are all much more motivated to write than I am…and it’s meant to be my job), JogBlog for organising and managing the whole bloody thing, Audiofuel for encouraging us along the way…my housemates Ms_G and Pneth for putting up with my smelly kit and me blabbering on about running, my brother and family for their support, and finally my running partners: NwSixDan, Zliv, Ad, JPB… it’s been emotional. Thanks for coming with me! Now some number crunching…
Stats:Today’s run: Distance:2.7km Time:12.42mins Music: Ultra Nate and friends…
Total distance: 110km on the nose (68.4 miles)
Total time spent running: 9.7 hours (not sure how that timing works but that’s what it tells me)
Longest run: 4.6 miles/7.5km
Shortest run: 1.3miles
Fastest mile: 7.05 mins
Locations of runs: Bethnal Green (Victoria Park and the gym), West Hampstead/Fortune Green, Brixton/Clapham, Oxford and Barcelona (El Masnou)
Falls: none, hurrah (one very very near miss = flying squirrel impression)
Great sunrises: Three
Calories burnt: 7,700 (approx… about 250 a day..)